Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The shingles are spreading

Yep, they are spreading and not going away like I had hoped. The heat, sun, loud noises are all my enemy right now. I am pretty much staying inside, AC on, with low lights. I explained to Lee and Charlotte that they need to talk in their inside voices. Lee gets it but Charlotte is still not comprehending. Louise came and took Alex for a stay in Annapolis until I feel better or at least until Dave gets back from his business trip. I agree with Aunt Michele that Alex is the cutest baby ever but he still refuses to sleep through the night and definitely doesn't understand that crying isn't helping my pain. My worst fear however is that he will come down with chicken pox - something I don't have the energy to deal with right now.

The doctor says my shingles have to run their course and unless I develop a fever or they break out by my eye (win's me a trip to the hospital) I have to deal with the pain.

I am still hoping this is just a minor couple of day set back - I am so ready to enjoy life without rads, chemo, or trips to Baltimore. My body just needs to listen to my mind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness Heather, you have certainly had more than your share!!!

I noticed that you never say, "its not fair" so I'll say it for you!

I developed shingles in my eye while I was staying with Dan & Louise a long time ago-- Dave's Granny (my mom) was with me. It was nasty but nothing compared to what you have been through so far so don't "fear" even that happening!

Sending all our love etc. etc., Edna & Werner

kATHY cAMPBELL said...

hEATHER
Hang in teher I am thinking about you all.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a week you have had! I am so very sorry to hear of your latest challenges! I hope that all is well, otherwise. I hope that you are able to enjoy your weekend a bit! Love, julie

Linda said...

OK I think either you or Michele had shingles once before after chickenpox! NO one I am told should endure them more than once. Wish I was closer to help out. Once again all I have is love and prayers. Hugs to everyone from this distance they won't hurt.
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Such a bummer about the shingles. Thinking of you as always, Matt & Jess

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who enjoys to taste recent stuff. Right now I'm constructing my personalized photovoltaic panels. I'm managing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I'm utilizing the net as the only way to acheive that. I saw a very awesome site which explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The web site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure about how correct the info given there is. If some experts over here who have xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the site it would be awesome and I would really value it, because I extremely love solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You people rock.