Sunday, March 11, 2007

+ 54 A year ago today

A year ago today I began my chemo for this entire mess. We are having a little get together at the house with family to celebrate 1 year of beating this disease.

I got my test results back from the PET scan. Not too hot... I still have moderate uptake in all the usual places. There is a 50% chance that it can be a false positive since we did it so soon after the SCT. Essentially the activity on the scan can be inflammation from the chemo. Needless to say I wasn't happy about the results and really question why my doctor did it so soon. We do think that my original PET was high uptake so this could be good news that is only moderate. The tests are on a scale of low, moderate, high. Every being of my body wanted a clean PET scan so I am bummed about the test. I have to remind myself that I am still beating the cancer and have radiation coming up. Hopefully the rads will kill the disease once and for all.

I am trying not to see this as a set back and remain positive. The party today will definatley help.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the details Heather. I had heard about the PET results through the family grapevine, but I did not know about the 50% false positive chances, so that's good to hear. It is so hard to bounce back after a setback, especially when things have been going so well, so I hope the one year party was an energy-giving celebration. If you took pictures, make sure to post one. I know radiation will be absolutely no fun for you, but I keep visualizing that it is going to make those cancer cells just shrivel up and die ... how could they even think that they had a chance at surviving inside Heather Z? (They must have never MET Heather Z!). We are all cheering even louder for Team Heather out here on the West Coast. By the way, I was telling one of my friends about you, and she rallied her family/friends/church in Iowa & Michigan to be praying for you too. From the church next door (thank you St. Luke's), to the family and friends around the world, to the kind strangers who have listened ... support mounts everyday in the fight for Team Heather. Can you hear us now: melt, melt, melt ...
Love you, Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

I am checking your blog to see how you are doing. Channet and I have been praying for you and your family. Hang in there you have nothing but healthier days ahead. Your children are getting so big and they are so so cute.

Keep the positive spirit going and we will keep the prayers coming.

Stay Strong,
La'Shaune

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather, David & familys,

HAVE A GREAT CELEBRATION PARTY TODAY!

All of us, who know about you here in the U.K., will be thinking of you!!

MUCH LOVE, Edna & Werner

Lisa Enright said...

Heather,
You are beating this thing. Don't let those results get you down. Enjoy your party and know that your fans are cheering for you across the globe!