Wednesday, March 28, 2007

News from radiology

I had a visit with my radiation oncologist today - I really like this guy. One concern I have is that once the four weeks of radiation is up that it will be my only shot at radiation therapy. He reassured me that it is not the case. He has taken a slow approach with me so we have wiggle room at the end to do more if necessary. I told him I needed this to work since the mini transplant was risky. Sharing the pressure of the situation is only fair in my mind.

He will also look up my last CT scan and measure my mass to see if there was any shrinkage from the one prior. He thinks yes but didn't want to commit until he had a chance to review the slides. Should have an answer on that by Monday. Radiation oncologist are so cool to work with because they can actually read the slides! They don't have to wait around for some technician to write up a report......it's like cutting out the middle man.

The radiation is going fine. I am just tired and nauseous - what's new.

The little z's are gearing up for the onslaught of holidays since we celebrate both passover and easter. They will get a fair amount of time with family and spoiled by relatives. Dave is out of town since his new job has started to pick up - there is a lot of travel scheduled for these next months. Not the best timing but they carry our insurance so no room to complain.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Hey Heather! I totally agree about the radiation oncs -- they know it all, don't they?! I felt very comfortable with mine as well. Good luck with the remaining 3 weeks -- hope you can still swallow at the end of it -- I did 3+ weeks and the last few days swallowing started to hurt though I was still able to eat solids. Keep your chin up -- you are almost done!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are moving along. Heather, you remain in our prayers every day and certainly every Sunday. God's peace be with you. Easter hope and joy be yours!

Pastor Miller and the Saint Luke Family