Monday, March 19, 2007

+62 Lungs

I went up for a pulmonary function test today. My radiation oncologist would like a baseline test before we begin radiation so he can monitor my lungs throughout the next couple of weeks. Since I had (the ICE cleared it up) involvement at the top of both of my lungs they will radiate those two areas. I had a PFT test prior to the transplant as well. The guy that administered the test said my function is slightly lower since then but not by that much. Not to shabby considering I had or possibly still have that pesky pneumonia. Do I still have it? Who knows....my doctor says the chest xray doesn't show improvement as fast as my body recovers or I feel it. His theory is if I feel fine he thinks it's cleared up. Honestly I have never felt the darn infection. I consider myself very lucky.

Dave and I had a good weekend with the kids. We took them to look at playground sets for the backyard. Of course they would like the largest one available. It is hard to tell them that 1 it won't fit in the yard and 2 who would possibly pay for it. Lee is always offering up his piggy bank for the second reason. He doesn't understand that his 4 bucks doesn't put a dent on this type of thing.

Alex has officially fallen off the wagon when it comes to sleeping through the night. Essentially he wants what he wants when he wants it. I know he gets that from me. Charlotte has the same tendency's. I will be in for a fun time when they are teenagers.

I emailed out pictures of the kids. If you didn't get them and want to be added to the list just let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Portland...just back from Lisbon..that is too far to go for only a 2 day meeting! The kid pictures are great...just look at Mr. A. sitting up, smiling and the proud older sibs beaming from ear to ear...even Leland! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. Onward and upward to get through this radiation stint. You are always on my mind and in my prayers. Love you...Aunt Joyce