Tuesday, March 13, 2007

+56 Enjoying the time off

I have the entire week off from the hospital. This is exactly what I needed to recharge and gear up for radiation.

I am getting back to that good positive place I was at before the awful PET scan last Friday. I will pray that it was a false positive and that radiation will end this cancer journey for me. I have also decided to stop saying I will do things once I get better and to just go ahead and do it now. I realize I can't do everything I used to do since I have all these new restrictions on my life but I can still get out and live for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A week off.....Hope you get to take a walk, hug the kids, pet Maple, snuggle with Dave, and do all the really important things in life. Rebooked my ticket and John has his to arrive on the 6th. Cannot wait for hugs all around. Love you big...J

Natalia said...

Gush Heather, what a ride you've been on!!! I sure hope you recover and more so, get CURED once and for all! Indeed, PET can give a false result -- can they do a needle biopsy on the mass to tell for sure? Uncertainty is just as bad as the actual treatment sometimes and I hope you are spared of further troubles. Good news is that radiation is not as bad as SCT (at least it wasn't for me) so I hope your worst time is behind. Best wishes -- you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Natalia said...

Oh, by the way, you kids are so cute (especially the itsy bitsy one!) How in the world do you manage with three? (we barely got by with one!)