Saturday, March 24, 2007

Friday was a long day

I had a long day at the hospital Friday and I wasn't up to posting until tonight. I saw my oncologist and inquired about options if the radiation doesn't work. The plan has always been to have a mini transplant. The mini would involve using my sisters bone marrow not my own like last time. There is a question about doing a mini considering my liver complications last time - it would definitely be high risk. Also the mini itself if high risk. Essentially my oncologist said I would ultimately have to weigh the pros/cons myself and make the decision. Also in his view the mini is the only way to a cure and everything else is just treatment.

This is all just info to consider if I have to compile a plan B. God damm this radiation HAS to work. I don't want to go down the plan B route at all. The entire visit just shook me up a bit. It has me thinking way to far down the road and I need to return to the moment, live for the day, and push all this stuff aside.

I did get to see an old friend from my days back in Atlanta and the Boys & Girls Club. It seems like yesterday that Dave and I were hanging out without a care in the world. Skip ahead to 3 kids and cancer....boy how life can change.

Back to the hospital next week for 5 more radiation treatments. 3 down and 17 more to go.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing Heather!!!!!!!!!!

We have just returned home to the U.K. & I immediately wanted to look at your "Updates" so I could catch up with all that has been happening!

WOW! What a long and hard journey you have had to travel & it looks like there are still more obstacles ahead!

Stay as POSITIVE as you have been all along & think of the day when you can look back at this long fight & know that it was all worth it in the end!

That is what we are all praying for................!

Love & hugs, Aunt Edna

p.s. Love the photos & video of the children!