Monday, January 8, 2007

Check in day -8

I had a tearful morning saying goodbye to the kids. I realize this is all for the best....so I will have many more years with them but it is still hard and pretty much sucks.

Dave took the day off and is helping me settle in on my first day. He bought me my own broadband card so I am connected during my stay. Life would be hard if I didn't have Internet.

I start my chemo (orally) tonight at 5 PM. Sounds like they do several tests after the first dose to make sure they have it right. I do 4 days of the oral chemo then 4 days of the drip. From what I have read the pills aren't that bad. It is the drip that sucks. However I have had the chemo that they drip in as a part of ICE so hopefully I will fair okay. As long as I can avoid throwing up I am a happy camper.

I will continue to post daily unless I am not feeling well

No comments: