Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day +1

So they gave me back my stem cells and it was rather uneventful. Kinda of like just another bag of stuff they are dripping into me. Took only about 30 minutes.

My counts are heading down but slowly. They should drastically drop the next couple of days and then we begin the count upwards so I can get out of this place. They keep warning me about mouth sores and I guess my mouth is showing symptoms of it but I don't feel any pain yet.

I continue to shower, walk, try to eat, stay busy, and sleep every day. Hopefully doing these things will get me out of here faster than the average joe.

The food police stopped buy this morning and said I am not eating enough calories. I think I dropped like 5 lbs. I really don't know what they expect when your diet is filled with hospital food. The hospital near my house I can absolutely not eat at anymore since I was admitted like 4 times. And this place is quickly falling into that category. Thankfully mom is bringing up dinner tonight so I have something good to eat.

Lee and Charlotte visited last night - fabulous! My nurse was so impressed with Lee's fascination and questions about my pump. I need to get him exposed to other things than hospitals. Or maybe he will become a doctor and take care of Dave and I in our old age.

No comments: