Friday, January 12, 2007

Day -4

It's funny how the nurses and doctors ask you what you do - a spot on their forms to check off. I always pause now. I feel like being sick and beating this cancer is my full time job these days. I do tell them what I did do and hope to return to but it all seem so far away sometimes. When I sit back and think I will have been dealing with this for almost a year - it blows my mind.

So I began the cytoxin drip today, well actually last night around 3 AM begins all the pre meds then they actually hang the chemo at 6 AM. Next the doctor will come in and remind me to get up and about. I should remind him the nurses had me up half the night peeing and popping pills.

Overall I just feel like a truck ran me over - tired. Most likely all that fun in the early hours with my nurse. Still no puking and I am happy as a clam about that.

Dave, Lee, and Charlotte came up for a quick visit last night. I was wonderful to see them and hug them. They made me some artwork for my wall and I have proudly put it up. It reminds me of home; looking at the fridge.

I just keep praying to god that this transplant works. The little z's need me.

3 comments:

Kathy Campbell said...

Heather
I think you're plan of action should be order what you don't want and see if you get the food you truly want. Just to think about something aside from meds every once in a while will do you good. Congrats on the no puking. Hope it lasts.
Hang in there.

Karen said...

Dear Heather,

I am Michele's colleague, Karen Roberts. Just a quick note to let you know that there is another big group of folks here at OPIC standing behind you. I'm amazed at your strength and spirit. Keep up the good work and hang in there. I look forward to meeting you when this is all behind you.

All the best, Karen

PS: Love the pics of the little z's. They are adorable!

MoCoNative said...

Heather:

I agree with Kathy, start playing with the kitchen staff...
Just want to let you know we are all thinking of you and love you.

Michele (Peake - need to clarify since your sister and I spell it the same)