Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day +7

My white count is still below 50 so nothing new to report. The last platelet transfusion worked and my count is holding at 16K. If it drops below 10K then they give a transfusion. My reds are a little low and I think I will be getting a blood transfusion today.

I got this nifty new medicated mouth wash that totally numbs my mouth for a little bit. Enough to eat yogurt and have my juice without pain. The nurse this morning said some people get them so bad they can't even drink! I am feeling really lucky that I can still have my mushy food. I guess if could be worse.

Louise is coming up today and my mom tonight. Other than that I am just killing time.

Time keeps dragging on........everyone knows the rest of those lyrics....yep I am comparing this place to prison. Hopefully I will be set free soon. I miss the fresh air.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather: I am your Aunt Sandy's sister-in-law. (Chuck's sister) My name is Irene Wolfe and I live in Nampa, Idaho. Sandy has been keeping me posted about your progress since almost day 1. I have decided you are my number one hero. I have been battling some health issues for the past seven years, mainly heart, but now Crohn's and COPD. When I feel like throwing in the towel, I think of you. I am an "old geezer" (as my 7-year old granddaughter says) but still interested in living and fighting for the right. So, I commend you on your strength (even though you are tired) and your courage. God bless you and help you win this fight!

Anonymous said...

hey! some ideas for mushy food. don't know if they're allowed though:

smoothies
avocado (yum!)
jello (isn't that a hospital staple?)
i like cold oatmeal and cream-of-wheat, but i may be the only person.
vichyssoise

i guess that's not much. oh well.

oxoxox
libby

Anonymous said...

Heather,

Keep believing in yourself. I know you will get through this and be back home with Dave and the Kids before you know it.

Droopy