Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day 0

So today is the day I get my stem cells back. My nurse thinks around 1-3 PM. I think she also said they have several bags - I think it is good news that they got so much.

A lot of people rename this their new birthday and go through a lot of anticipation around it. I didn't have that much; I thought getting through the chemo was a bigger deal. I think I will hang onto my original birthday. I think my mom deserves the date since she went through 24 hours of labor. But I will remember today and this entire experience forever.

I was remembering our trip to Chincoteague last night right before Alex was born. We had so much fun with the kids. It was a lot more carefree - we didn't even think to really worry about a stem cell transplant and all this crap we are going through. Every part of me wants to return to that more carefree feeling. I want to be back in that spot when all I was worried about was getting too much radiation. I want to have the kids to have their mom back, have fun again, and not have to worry about their mommy getting better.

I will get there again - I am determined to get better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather -

Nicole passed on your blog link to me today. I'm so glad to join the community of folks supporting you on such an important day!

You, Dave and the kids are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if we can help in any way.

Blessings,

Ena, Tom and Conor

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather,

Just letting you know that we continue to read every word you write.........as well as "reading between the lines"!!

All our prayers & MUCH LOVE!

Edna & Werner

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather,

This is Michelle from your OCT Team. I have been keeping up with your progress and I am glad to read that things keep moving forward with you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heath,

I think that after this you should get two birthdays - your original and then this one. If we have learned one thing through all of this, it is to live every day, and so why not make more of our days birthdays!

Love you,

Michele