Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day -6

Rather uneventful so far. I am still taking the chemo and not experiencing any side effects; thank god. Leland is sick so Dave couldn't bring them up last night for a visit. Hopefully everyone will be really healthy soon so we can see each other. The hospital did give us videophones so we can talk/watch one another whenever we need to. This is going to force us to buy a line at the house so we will publish a home number soon.

The doctors should be around soon. It's just like those medical shows; a group of interns, residents, fellows, and attending walk in, present my case, ask if I have any questions then move on. I really don't have any questions right now so it's a pretty quick visit. I guess once things get a bit more dicey I will be more in tune to what they are saying.

The meals are the funniest. You fill out a menu for the entire day. It gets whisked away somewhere to fill the order. But what comes back is a complete surprise. Yesterday for breakfast I asked for cereal and a muffin but got cereal and Texas French toast. For dinner I got meatloaf and I am positive I didn't order that - too risky.

I will take my walk later, do some scrap booking, nap, and read. Just counting down the days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

As I read every word you write (usually after midnight here in the U.K.)I feel that I want to "answer" you but unfortunately I have no "answers" just lots & lots of good wishes & much love!

Thinking about you all the time! We are all full of admiration for the way you are coping!
Hoping that every day will be a little better than the previous day!

Love, Edna & Werner