Thursday, January 4, 2007

Schedule

To let everyone know I go up to the hospital today to sign consent forms and have some blood work. Tomorrow I will have the bone marrow biopsy under general anesthesia. Back on Saturday for a post operative check up. Finally I will check into the hospital at 12 noon on Monday.

My doctor said I should plan for a month's stay but I am hoping for 3 weeks. The kids know what's going on and I hope will fair fine during my stay in the hospital. My sister, Aunt Linda, and Dad will be in town these next 3 weeks helping Dave out.

I know a lot of people have asked if they can come visit me while I am in the hospital. All visitors must be 12 + and healthy. Healthy meaning not sick for the past week. I don't think I will be up for visitors the first week or so when they are giving me the chemo then stem cells. I will have my cell phone and suggest anyone call me or Dave first to see if I am up for visitors.

Similar neutropenic rules follow when my counts have been down; no flowers, fresh fruit, fresh veggies......the pits essentially.

Despite the notion of begin sick I am really happy to get this thing going!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, just me. A great idea having the blogg to keep everyone on top of what is going on. I will pass this site on to friends and family who want to know how you're doing.

I'm so happy things are finally moving forward. Don't worry about the kids, along with David, we all will see that they get what they need, that they are loved, and well taken care of. Your only job is to do what the doctors say and get well.

I am certain we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, so stay positive, and keep your spirits up, and before long you'll be on your Disney Cruise with David and our three beautiful grandchildren.

Dan and I love you very much.

Louise

Jane Ochiltree said...

Hi Heather,

What a great idea. Louise just sent me an email with all the info.

Just want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

The kids are beautiful. I still have a little gift for Alexander that I will give to Louise. I will probably have to send it to her. We don't seem to have time to get together much these days.

You are an amazing girl and I know that Louise and Dan are very proud of you and David. Keep up with your positive attitude. I know this new year will have good news for all of you.

Take Care of yourself. Love, Jane
(Wessie's best friend)

Dan Z said...

I strongly echo Louise's thoughts.
Dan

LAUREN JONES said...

HI HEATHER ,
YOU DONT KNOW ME.IAM JANES DAUGHTER LAUREN.MY MOM KEEPS ME UPDATED ON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.WE WILL BE THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.TAKE CARE AND ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.LOVE THE PICTURES OF THE KIDS.I ALSO HAVE A ALEX.

TAKE CARE
THE JONES FAMILY
LAUREN,CRAIG,ALEX

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.