Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day -5

So today is the last day of the Busulfan. They will actually give me a 4 hour break in between the two drugs - so nice of them. I haven't had any big side effects. Just sleeping from all the pre meds, I had to get some blood since my red counts are down, and that involves benodryl since I break out in hives when I get a transfusion. I think I passed out right after Dave left with Alex.

It was great seeing Alex. He was in such a good mood smiling and laughing. I think my appearance threw him off a bit since I have to wear a mask but Dave said he could still tell I was mommy.

Tomorrow I start the cytoxin and I am not looking forward to it one bit. This drug was apart of my ICE regiment. I hope it was not the one that made me sick. The part that sucks the most is I will be hooked up to the pump until the day I check out of here. I plan to take a stroll around the hospital today since it's my last day of freedom.

Since the rest of the chemo is pretty intense please call Dave or myself if you plan to visit over the weekend. I wouldn't be much company if I am sick the entire time.


A funny - I ordered cheerios but got rice crispies, asked for milk but got orange juice, wanted a banana but go applesauce. Only the English muffin was right. Every meal is a mystery meal in this place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You are amazing! I think about you all the time! You are my first blog experience-I will never forget it!!

thinking of you,
Kathleen